Within the Business Law department, due to the specificity of client requests and the exceptionally broad scope of this field, four departments have been formed: Business Disputes and Litigation, Contracts, Public Procurement, General Business Law.
BUSINESS DISPUTES, LITIGATION, AND ARBITRATION
The court-based protection of our clients’ interests within the field of business operations is very diverse, and as a result we are involved in disputes from different fields during which each field requires a different approach to the matter. This department, in addition to work throughout business disputes, litigation, and arbitration, serves clients by representing them in all related cases, such as business offenses, tax proceedings and criminal proceedings for criminal acts in the field of business operations and official duties. Within the listed fields, the law office provides clients with the following services:
- The review and consideration of written records and the provision of verbal and written legal advice and opinions related to the matter for which the law office is being engaged.
- The representation of clients during business disputes and litigation which includes representation during the first stage of proceedings, the second stage of proceedings and proceedings according to extraordinary legal remedies.
- The assessment of the outcome of the litigation for the plaintiff. Prior to the commencement of litigation in which the corporate entity that the law office is representing is the potential plaintiff, the law office privately engages authorized court experts and specialized institutions. Professional reports are prepared and expert opinions are given for the problem that is the subject of the case. On the basis of those professional findings and opinions, an assessment of the outcome of the litigation is conducted and the manner of approaching the specific problem is defined.
- Assessment of the outcome of litigation for the defendant. This is conducted when the client of the law office has the status of defendant throughout a business dispute or lawsuit. The assessment is conducted in the same manner as described above. Depending on the assessment of the outcome of litigation, and the assessment of other circumstances of the case, the type of actions to be taken during the case, and manner of taking them, is determined.
- The representation of clients during bankruptcy proceedings and all actions that are connected to or derive from the bankruptcy proceeding.
- The representation of clients – corporate entities and authorized persons in proceedings related to business offenses and violations.
- The representation of authorized persons within corporate entities as suspects, the accused, or accused during criminal proceedings that are taking place with regards to criminal acts within the field of business crime.
- The representation of corporate entities in all administrative proceedings that are related to business tax (taxation proceedings)
- The representation of corporate entities during the arbitration dispute resolution process, as for with domestic, so for with international elements.
- Representation during all executive proceedings
- All other actions, in accordance with the law, that are essential and necessary for the success of our client during a dispute or lawsuit.
All other actions, in accordance with the law, that are essential and necessary for the success of our client during a dispute or lawsuit. Within the field of business disputes and lawsuits, the law office directs special attention to the means of securing both financial and non-financial client claims. Towards this goal, the law office intensively insists, before the courts, on the reaching of decisions on advance and temporary measures. With regards to advance measures, we insist on the reaching of decisions by which our client’s debtors is prohibited from paying its own debtors’ claims or to release items to the debtor, decisions by which the bank is prohibited from paying claims to our client’s debtor, or to pay a third party financial amounts through debtor accounts as requested by the debtor, a decision on the pre-listing of lien rights on the debtor’s property and other measures. With regards to temporary measures, we insist on the introduction of every possible measure by which the purpose of securing both financial and non-financial claims is achieved. By ensuring the introduction of the listed measures, we secure the client’s ability to collect payment for the disputed claims.
The “Aleksic and Associates” law office, on behalf of, and for the benefit of its clients, negotiates and executes highly-sophisticated transactions within a wide range of legal matters.
Throughout the process of negotiation for the execution of contracts, and during the execution itself, each client is provided with a team of attorneys and associates, of different profiles if needed, for the requirements of detailed analysis of the legal aspect in the sense of meeting the client’s needs. This process assumes active cooperation with the client for the purpose of establishing specifically defined steps that are necessary in order to ensure the complete compatibility and realization of the most effective form of its legal protection in the contract that is being executed. The law office also provides legal opinions for the execution of client contracts with third parties.
The “Aleksic and Associates” Joint Law Office has many years of experience within the field of public procurement and for that purpose provides clients with all services that are necessary for the successful participation and success in the public procurement process before public companies, departments, and institutions.
The following services are provided to clients that participate in the public procurement process as bidders:
- Professional assistance in the preparation of bidding documentation for the process of the public procurement of goods and services, thereby the process of the public procurement of works regardless of the assessed price.
- The representation of clients in the process of the public opening of offers.
- The engagement of closely-specialized institutions in the process of reviewing bid documentation for cases when a request for the protection of Offering Party rights is filed with the bid documentation.
- The review and consideration of the files and documentation of other Offering Parties in the process of preparing a request for the protection of Offering Party rights in the case of filing the the listed request to the decision on the choice of the most favorable offer.
- The representation of clients before the Republic’s Commission for the Protection of the Rights of Offering Parties.
- All other matters that are necessary for the selection of the client as the most favorable bidder.
The following services are provided to clients who participate in the public procurement process as the solicitor (public companies, departments of government, public institutions, and others):
- Professional assistance upon the preparation of the yearly public procurement plan
- Assistance in the preparation of previous offer announcements
- The participation of the law office’s associates as members within public procurement commissions during the public procurement process for goods and services, thereby the process of the public procurement of works regardless of assessed value.
- The preparation and completion of contracts that are executed during the public procurement process that is conducted by the Ordering Party.
- All other legal matters that are necessary in order to successfully conduct the public procurement process.
The “Aleksic and Associates” law office collaborates with departments of government, organizations, and other institutions that are responsible for public procurement. Successful and continuous collaboration has especially been achieved with the Public Procurement Administration in Belgrade. As well, the law office provides written and verbal legal advice related to the application of legal and other regulations from the field of public procurement.